The full report from last years review of the emergency ambulance service has been released to the public today and is available toread on this website.
Quotes from the review.
The report highlighted a number of positive points about the St John Ambulance & Rescue Service, including:
- SJARS have been providing a well-respected ambulance service.
- The skills of the SJARS workforce are critical to health care on the Island.
- A highly motivated SJARS workforce.
- SJARS is a critical stakeholder in the current and future pathway of care.
- SJARS road staff have an excellent reputation and are well thought of in every sector.
- The day-to-day working relationship with HSSD staff in the provision of care is excellent on both sides.
- The Review team were impressed by the commitment and professionalism of the SJARS management team.
- There are opportunities for SJARS and HSSD to develop the role of paramedic across a number of acute services.
- The main view that has come out of communication with ‘users’ is universally a positive response to the perception of the service and all its staff.
- The current model of service has evidence of safe and effective conveyance.
- Ambulance clinicians link very well with primary care clinicians.
- Staff take great pride in working for SJARS and felt it had the potential to be the best job in Guernsey.
- The Brand of St John is well loved.